Summer heat can take a toll on weeds, especially if your lawn care program is running. If you take too little to ignore water or too little, or the first signs of pest, the lawn can be fast, or even die in small or large patches.
- Check grass beds need at least a centimeter of water per week, and more if heat is severe. Use a rain gauge aspect to keep the amount of water received from rain and irrigation. You can use the professional services as Lawn Care Columbia SC.
- Deep water and more often to encourage drought-tolerant nerves.
- Water early in the day to reduce evaporation and fungal growth.
- Or let your lawn regularly and deep water or not water. Try not to let your lawn be brown and dormant, “go back to life.” If the lawn is still sleeping in the summer, it should remain so until autumn – do not worry, the weather changes should be recovered as soon as possible.
Tips for Cutting
- Raise the summer mower. Higher grass is drought tolerant, grows deeper roots, and helps the soil shade to prevent weeds from germinating seeds. In the summer, or as tall as the top sheet, the grass season is 3 – is counterfeit “4”, while summer lawns 2 “- 3” imitation.
- This mulch helps keep the moisture stable. Lawn Service Columbia SC can suggest you more ways to take care of your lawn and gardens.
- Mowing the lawn regularly to ensure that more than one third of the leaf grass cuts. This keeps your healthy herbs and grass clipping avoid puddles.
- Keep blades sharp. Make sure your mower to brush the lawn, without tears, to minimize stress during high temperatures.
Do not fertilize
If the lawn is hot in summer, resist the urge to fertilize. In fact, it is best to leave those 30 days before fertilizing summer temperatures reach their area. Applying additional fertilizer in the summer heat can burn your lawn and create a smooth soft growth that persists in the hot summer season. Lawn Care Irmo SC will suggest you to never leave the lawn dormant manure – wait until they grow in the fall.
High traffic areas
In summer start drawing lots of turfgrass wear, especially on some popular routes. Consider installing steps to minimize damage to the grass, and try to minimize traffic to latent and crunchy grass. If you get it and the grass is actively growing in the rain, you can apply a small fertilizer in these areas to recover the blades quickly.
Summer is the time to kill the weeds that grow before they flower and break the seeds for the next year. Some processes herbicides are designed to kill large grass flowers without disturbing the grass, but should be applied when the temperature is below 85 ° F for a few days. Note that in the summer heat, each product can be harmful to the grass and stressed. So use one by one or weeds by hand instead. Or let Lawn Maintenance Lexington SC to take care of your gardens stuff.
Insects and diseases
- Suspended or drought may be more susceptible to insect pests such as bug insects, cutworms, ants, fleas and mosquitoes.
- Small infections often take care of themselves, but serious problems may require attention.
- Summer is also the time of fungal diseases such as powder and brown spots.
- Dead ring mushrooms, if necessary, to prevent water overnight hold at least the moisture of the night.
- Worms nest on grass in summer. If the larvae often cause lawn problems, you can start controlling the worms in the middle of the labels.